SESS External Training Course: How to Inspect Pallet Racking
Course Content: This is a one day rack inspection course that has been approved by both the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) and the Institute of Occupational Health (IOSH). The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an understanding of how racking systems can be kept safe by a process of inspection and risk assessment in accordance with relevant standards and health and safety legislation.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Name and understand the components that comprise a racking system.
- Understand the legal responsibilities and the reasons why racking needs to be inspected and risk assessed.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the risks involved in carrying out rack inspections.
- Understand the common causes of a racking collapse and how they can be prevented.
- Identify hazards that may adversely affect the safety of a racking structure.
- Carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of racking to meet legal requirements.
- Understand how loads can affect the use of racking and how safe working load data can be displayed on the racking.
On the day: The morning session is classroom based and includes a series of individual and group activities. The afternoon session includes a multiple choice question paper and practical assessments.
On successfully completing the course delegates will receive a SESS training certificate. For a small additional charge, successful delegates can also receive an IOSH certificate formally embossed with their logo.
Venue: Clients nominated premises.
Who will benefit from the course: Anyone who is involved with or has responsibility for the safety of storage equipment. Due to the nature of the course and to ensure delegates receive the best instruction possible, the course is limited to a maximum of 8 delegates. Delegates should provide their own PPE for the course. This course is only available to end users.
Price on application: please email email@example.com for further information.